Ilminster Town Council are again holding a Scarecrow Competition which
all residents and local businesses of Ilminster are welcome to enter.
should be displayed where they can be seen easily and on view from
midday Thursday 06 June until 8.00pm Sunday 9 June 2019. The Scarecrows
will be judged during this period.
The winners will be informed by
14 June 2019 and there will be prizes to the value of £30, £20 and £15
for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places and there will be a community prize.
forms are available from the Town Council offices (open 10am – 12pm
Monday – Friday), downloading from the Town Council website
www.ilminster.gov.uk or collection from the Meeting House, Ilminster.
Guidelines for Entry
Your scarecrow does not need to be a traditional – let your imagination
run wild. You can make a scarecrow from virtually anything and you are
especially encouraged to use recycled materials.
Local traders could
use scarecrows to effectively highlight their particular business,
drawing on the theme of the business for creative inspiration.
1. Scarecrows can be built by families or individuals and can be any height up to a maximum of 1.8 metres.
2. Your scarecrow must be made from scratch.
3. Scarecrows will be judged on strength, durability to the weather, imagination and character.
4. Your entry may be a single scarecrow, a family or a group.
5. Your scarecrow should include an element of plant material which can be dried, fresh or living.
A list of scarecrows entered into the competition along with a map
showing their locations, will be made available from Tuesday 4th June so
that members of the public can walk around the town to view the
COMPLETED ENTRY FORMS MUST REACH THE TOWN COUNCIL OFFICES BY
NOON ON THURSDAY 24 MAY 2019
Send your completed entry form to:
Ilminster Town Council
Or email email@example.com